"To know Christ Jesus and to make Him known"
Carolina Presbyterian Church holds to the classic formulations of Presbyterian theology that came out of the Reformation period: The Westminster Confession of Faith and The Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms. In addition, we govern ourselves by the Book of Church Order (BCO) prepared by our denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America. The Presbyterian creeds contain many important affirmations, but among them are the following major teachings:
- The inspiration, inerrancy and authority of the Bible as the written Word of God
- The sinfulness of all men and women and their resulting inability to seek out or please God by their own efforts.
- The death of the unique Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, as an atoning sacrifice for us. We believe that there is no salvation for anyone apart from faith in him.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the grave.
- The person and work of the Holy Spirit, the third member of the divine Trinity, in drawing people to Christ, enabling them to believe on him, and strengthening them to live godly lives.
- The necessity for Christians to follow Jesus Christ in personal and often costly discipleship.
- The church as a fellowship of born again persons, committed to helping one another grow in their Christian lives.
- The privilege and power of prayer.
- The importance of Christians reaching into all the world to call people to faith in Christ and helping influence their world, both near and farther away, for good.
- The return of Jesus Christ to judge all persons and rule with his people forever.
Carolina Presbyterian Church seeks to glorify God as a fellowship of believers that is created for worship, called to discipleship, and compelled to reach others with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We strive to:
- Uphold a tradition of Reformed expository preaching by skilled men of God (Nehemiah 8:5-8; Matthew 7:28-29; Luke 24:25-27; John 21:15-17; Acts 2:42, 17:1-4, 18:4; 1 Timothy 4:13; 2 Timothy 1:13-14, 2:1-2, 3:14-4:5).
- Worship God in a worthy manner through thoughtful words, prayers and reverential music (1 Chronicles 16:8-36; Nehemiah 12:27-47; Psalm 33:1-3, 95:1-7, 100:1-5, 150:1-6; John 4:23- 24; 1 Timothy 2:1-4; Revelation 4:6-5:14).
- Integrate each member of the congregation into church ministries, Community Groups, and Bible studies where individual needs can be met and each can minister to others (Acts 2:42-47; Romans 15:14; 1 Corinthians 12:12-31; Galatians 5:13, 6:2; Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 John 1:3-7).
- Supply competent pastoral care for each member of the church family (Acts 20:28-31; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Provide an effective Christian education program to inform, train, and disciple all segments of our congregation (Deuteronomy 6:1-9; Psalm 119:9; Proverbs 22:6).
- Advance the missionary work of the church in Locust, West Stanly, and throughout the world (Genesis 22:17-18; Matthew 24:14, 28:18-20; John 17:18; Acts 1:7-8).
- Serve our Lord through the ministries of the church and influence our community through ministries of service and evangelism (Proverbs 19:17; Micah 6:8, Matthew 25:31-46; Luke 4:18- 19, 14:12-14; James 1:27, 2:14-26).
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). Please see www.pcanet.org for more information about our denomination.
To gain a richer explanation of our beliefs, please reference our confession: the Westminster Confession of Faith with Larger and Shorter Catechisms at www.pcaac.org/WCF.htm